To get started, the first thing you'll want to do is download the Chrome extension:
The extension will download as a file called src.zip. Once it has downloaded, follow these instructions:
- Unzip src.zip to a location of your choice. (If you're using Windows, unzip by right-clicking on src.zip and choosing "Extract All." If you're using Mac OS, unzip by double clicking on src.zip.) The unzipped folder will be called src.
- Create a new Chrome profile for running your Helena programs. (See directions here.)
- In the new Chrome profile, paste chrome://extensions/ into your URL bar to load a page that lists all your extensions.
- Enable developer mode. If developer mode is not currently enabled, click the toggle switch next to the text "Developer mode" to turn it on.
- Click the "LOAD UNPACKED" button and select the src folder.
- You're all set! Helena is installed, and you can click the new icon at the upper right to open the Helena control panel.
If you're a developer and you might want to modify how Helena works, you may prefer to follow the installation instructions for developers.
Once you've installed the Chrome extension, the tutorial has some resources for learning how to use it.